Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Manchester Crime, Court News in Briefs
A man who jumped into the Piscataquog River to elude police who wanted to talk with him about drinking in public was persuaded to head ashore and face the music early Monday morning.
Cecil Harding, 32, of Manchester was charged with resisting detention.
The police officer said he ordered the man to return to shore and took the soaked suspect in for booking.
A city man told police Sunday night that he hid in the brush on the banks of the Merrimack River for about two hours earlier in the day after being chased by two handgun-toting men.
He said he didn’t know why the men chased him.
Cab driver is victim of snatch and grab robbery
A city cab driver was robbed on Hanover Street on Sunday evening, police said.
The suspect, described as a white man, about 6 feet tall with short brown hair, made off with $40.
Another store burglary was reported in the city early Sunday.
Police responded to an alarm at the Spider-Brite store at 435 Elm St. and found that a rock had been used to smash a glass door.
The value of the stolen merchandise was estimated at more than $3,000.
A Hooksett teen was charged with spraying graffiti on a fence at a Union Street business in Manchester.
A police sergeant spotted Cullen Cuningham, 17, hiding in bushes at Union and Shasta streets at about 2 a.m. on Sunday.
Man sought in three cell phone thefts on Elm
Manchester police said a woman leaving an Elm Street tavern reported that she was standing on the sidewalk when a young man approached and asked to use the phone. She handed the man her phone and he ran off with it.
Bar brawl spills over to chicken restaurant
Police said the two combatants got into a tussle at Margarita’s on Elm Street shortly after midnight.
Nweiran ran into the USA Chicken restaurant where the fighting resumed.
Both men were charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
A candle and television in the restaurant were damaged.
Convenience store robbed at gunpoint
Police said a clerk told them the man entered the store brandishing a knife and demanded cash.
He was described as being about 5 feet 5 inches tall, wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt and a black ski mask.
Police say man was drunk when he drove over lawns
A city man has been charged with drunken driving after allegedly running his truck over some lawns and into a tree near Somerville and Knowlton streets, then taking off.
Police said witnesses reported the blue pickup truck took off after the accident and was later found parked at an address on Renault Street.
A fire that destroyed a pair of portable toilets at Crystal Lake on Sunday is under investigation.
A city Parks and Recreation employee said two toilets at the park were found destroyed early Suday morning after apparently being set on fire during the overnight hours.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 31
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 1
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917