Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester Crime, Court News in Briefs
A man who jumped into the Piscataquog River to elude police who wanted to talk with him about drinking in public was persuaded to head ashore and face the music early Monday morning.
Cecil Harding, 32, of Manchester was charged with resisting detention.
The police officer said he ordered the man to return to shore and took the soaked suspect in for booking.
A city man told police Sunday night that he hid in the brush on the banks of the Merrimack River for about two hours earlier in the day after being chased by two handgun-toting men.
He said he didn’t know why the men chased him.
Cab driver is victim of snatch and grab robbery
A city cab driver was robbed on Hanover Street on Sunday evening, police said.
The suspect, described as a white man, about 6 feet tall with short brown hair, made off with $40.
Another store burglary was reported in the city early Sunday.
Police responded to an alarm at the Spider-Brite store at 435 Elm St. and found that a rock had been used to smash a glass door.
The value of the stolen merchandise was estimated at more than $3,000.
A Hooksett teen was charged with spraying graffiti on a fence at a Union Street business in Manchester.
A police sergeant spotted Cullen Cuningham, 17, hiding in bushes at Union and Shasta streets at about 2 a.m. on Sunday.
Man sought in three cell phone thefts on Elm
Manchester police said a woman leaving an Elm Street tavern reported that she was standing on the sidewalk when a young man approached and asked to use the phone. She handed the man her phone and he ran off with it.
Bar brawl spills over to chicken restaurant
Police said the two combatants got into a tussle at Margarita’s on Elm Street shortly after midnight.
Nweiran ran into the USA Chicken restaurant where the fighting resumed.
Both men were charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
A candle and television in the restaurant were damaged.
Convenience store robbed at gunpoint
Police said a clerk told them the man entered the store brandishing a knife and demanded cash.
He was described as being about 5 feet 5 inches tall, wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt and a black ski mask.
Police say man was drunk when he drove over lawns
A city man has been charged with drunken driving after allegedly running his truck over some lawns and into a tree near Somerville and Knowlton streets, then taking off.
Police said witnesses reported the blue pickup truck took off after the accident and was later found parked at an address on Renault Street.
A fire that destroyed a pair of portable toilets at Crystal Lake on Sunday is under investigation.
A city Parks and Recreation employee said two toilets at the park were found destroyed early Suday morning after apparently being set on fire during the overnight hours.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth