Home » News » Public Safety
Brother of Sunapee drowning victim, 3: ‘There one second, gone the next’
“She was Sidney Joy to everyone; she brought a smile to everyone’s face,” Ben Allen said of his sister, the day after she was found unconscious near the Perkins Pond shore.
Ben Allen said his mother and father always rented the Mary’s Road cottage at this time of year; he and his five sisters always had fun in the cottage’s yard and shoreline, he said.
The family “had just got there, you know, setting up for the week,” he said.
“He noticed she was gone, and he started calling for her,” Allen said of his father. “It all happened fast; she was there one second and she was gone the next.”
Police weren’t sure how deep the water was where she was found.
“He tried to save her,” Ben Allen said.
The family was in Massachusetts Monday, making funeral arrangements.
“We’re trying to deal with it; it’s very hard to understand. It’s really hard to believe she’s gone,” Ben Allen said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua