Home » News » Public Safety
Brother of Sunapee drowning victim, 3: ‘There one second, gone the next’
“She was Sidney Joy to everyone; she brought a smile to everyone’s face,” Ben Allen said of his sister, the day after she was found unconscious near the Perkins Pond shore.
Ben Allen said his mother and father always rented the Mary’s Road cottage at this time of year; he and his five sisters always had fun in the cottage’s yard and shoreline, he said.
The family “had just got there, you know, setting up for the week,” he said.
“He noticed she was gone, and he started calling for her,” Allen said of his father. “It all happened fast; she was there one second and she was gone the next.”
Police weren’t sure how deep the water was where she was found.
“He tried to save her,” Ben Allen said.
The family was in Massachusetts Monday, making funeral arrangements.
“We’re trying to deal with it; it’s very hard to understand. It’s really hard to believe she’s gone,” Ben Allen said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 2
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 4
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 1
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal