Auburn teen, Kelsea Campbell, gearing up for national Miss Teen USA competition
“I fell in love with the pageant,” said Campbell, 18. Over the next five years, Campbell prepared to compete in the pageant herself, and last November, those years of preparation paid off.
Although she did not compete in any pageants prior to last November, Campbell said the maturing process over the past several years gave her the maturity she needed to win the crown.
As part of the competition process, pageant participants need to have a platform they are passionate about. For Campbell, her platform of Alzheimer’s Disease research was inspired by her grandparents.
“With the events I do, I love to see their faces when I walk into the room with the crown,” she said. “They look up to that and I like to be a positive influence in their lives.”
For the time being, when she is not preparing for Miss Teen USA, Campbell said she can be found out on the links working on her golf game.
Campbell’s friends have also been a great support for her as she makes her way to the Bahamas.
“My friends are so excited and are offering their support,” she said. “I couldn’t ask for better friends and family.”
At Manchester Central, she was a varsity cheerleader for four years and competed in the hurdles and high jump on the track team and was an active member of the school’s Key Club.
Vote for Miss Teen USA at missuniverse.com/missteenusa. The competitor with the most votes automatically makes it into the semifinal round of 15.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.