Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Somerville Street shooting victim: 'I thought I was going to die'
He is accused of reaching through the driver-side window and shooting Otim, a mother of a 7-year-old. Otim had just finished a double shift in a Bedford nursing home.
The shooting took place around 11 p.m. Monday, about a block west of where they live.
Unable to locate his 19-year-old girlfriend, they searched the apartment Landry shares with his mother and peppered him with questions.
When arrested, Landry told police he suffers from PTSD after multiple military deployments, police said.
On the street, they found a .40 caliber shell casing. The gun, however, remains missing, police said.
Upon leaving the bar, she said, he started arguing with an elderly woman about kids breaking into cars, and then with a group of young men, whom he accused of breaking into cars.
Police said the shooting happened around 11 p.m. Monday on Somerville Street, near the fire station at Hall Street.
She said the bullet went through her leg just below the knee. Luckily, it did not hit bone.
"If he can break down, why would he have a gun on him?" Otim said. She's known war too, in the Sudan, she said.
Landry appeared in court Tuesday morning, where his bail was set at $50,000 cash or surety. He could enter no plea on the felony charges of first-degree assault, criminal threatening and reckless conduct.
New Hampshire Union Leader reporter Dale Vincent contributed to this article.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 10
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mphREADER COMMENTS: 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917