Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Kids in a hot car: 'Not even for a minute'
Police tow the vehicle of Jeremiah Hollenbeck of Lebanon, Maine, who was arrested after Franklin police said he left his four children in the car in 97-degree heat Wednesday. (DAN SEUFERT/Union Leader Correspondent)
Jeremiah Hollenbeck of Lebanon, Maine, had been inside the Family Dollar store 10-15 minutes before police rescued the children. The 5-year-old and 9-year-old, are Hollenbeck's childen; the twin 9-month-olds belong to Hollenbeck's fiancee, Christine Lindsay, also of Lebanon, Maine.
Police are trained to look for unattended children and will arrest people who leave their family members in danger, Ball said.
Hollenbeck was arrested on four counts of endangering the welfare of a child. He was also charged with theft when police found he had goods stolen from the Family Dollar store, and with a felony charge of possession of a narcotic drug. Ball said the drug was one Oxycodone pill found in the car for which he had no prescription.
At his arraignment Thursday morning, Hollenbeck was ordered held on $50,000. Lindsay is presently in a drug rehabilitation facility in Maine, Ball said.
Police said people should never leave a child unattended in a vehicle.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fight leads to stabbing in Plymouth - 0
- College president, Gov. Hassan promise to punish those involved in Keene riots - 6
- Somersworth plaza evacuated after phoned threat to blow up NH State Liquor Store - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival - 0
- Police seek two men in Concord home invasion - 0
- No arrests in Manchester SWAT incident - 0
- Man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation found dead - 0
- Free Keene founder gets community service sentence for fraud conviction - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free by WHO after containing virus - 0
- UNH women's hockey coach hired to restore winning ways - 0
- Flash mob workshop will be a 'Thriller' - 0
- Former Royals slugger and current Giants scout Balboni's heart remains with San Francisco - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: The pesky problem of financing inventions - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 3
- Government thinks it's your right not to know - 0
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 5
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Monitoring social media
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy