Gas prices soar; up 18 cents in a week
Hannah Boulanger pumps gas for a customer at Morin's Service Station, in Manchester, on Wednesday. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
Gas prices have been going up almost on a daily basis, and the surge continued Wednesday with the average price for a gallon of regular unleaded in New Hampshire came in at $3.647, according to AAA. The average on July 10 was $3.463 — increasing by more than 18 cents in just one week.
Moody said refineries in Nova Scotia and Philadelphia have been experiencing production difficulties while another plant in New Jersey completes planned maintenance.
While New Hampshire remained slightly below the national average of $3.657, the price spike in the Granite State over the last week was greater by a few cents.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Pipeline's NH route moves to top choice - 5
- Peterborough receives EPA ‘green power’ award - 0
- Work on largest solar project in state begins in Peterborough - 0
- 24-mile transmission line project could begin in late 2016 - 0
- Conflict rises over Millsfield agreement with wind farm - 0
- New Hampshire's energy future in 'crisis' - 53
- Gas pipeline talk in southern NH surprises many officials in towns by alternative route - 1
- Wind-power developer eyes Alexandria area again - 2
- Keystone bill passes U.S. House - 42
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll