Home » News » Public Safety
Maine man held on $200,000 bail after 4 kids left in car
Police tow the vehicle of Jeremiah Hollenbeck of Lebanon, Maine, who was arrested after Franklin police said he left his four children in the car in 97-degree heat Wednesday. DAN SEUFERT
Jeremiah Hollenbeck of Lebanon, Maine, was charged with four counts of endangering the welfare of a child, a charge of possession of stolen merchandise, and a felony charge of possession of a narcotic drug, said Franklin Police Sgt. Daniel Ball.
The children were checked for injuries at Franklin Regional Hospital but are all doing fine, Ball said.
Police went into the store to find the man, who store workers said was purchasing sandwich bags and multiple decks of playing cards.
Ball said the children could have suffered grave illness if left in a car without ventilation.
A store clerk, Joseph Kosits, said Hollenbeck had been inside the store, shopping casually, for 10 to 15 minutes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Pembroke voters OK clock tower face-lift - 0
- Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer - 0
- Groveton backs 'Plan B' for town office project - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- Obama's national security aides meet to discuss Ukraine - 0
- Radio host wants official's lawsuit dismissed - 0
- NH's representatives in Congress join opposition to painkiller Zohydro - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer