Home » News » Public Safety
Maine man held on $200,000 bail after 4 kids left in car
Police tow the vehicle of Jeremiah Hollenbeck of Lebanon, Maine, who was arrested after Franklin police said he left his four children in the car in 97-degree heat Wednesday. DAN SEUFERT
Jeremiah Hollenbeck of Lebanon, Maine, was charged with four counts of endangering the welfare of a child, a charge of possession of stolen merchandise, and a felony charge of possession of a narcotic drug, said Franklin Police Sgt. Daniel Ball.
The children were checked for injuries at Franklin Regional Hospital but are all doing fine, Ball said.
Police went into the store to find the man, who store workers said was purchasing sandwich bags and multiple decks of playing cards.
Ball said the children could have suffered grave illness if left in a car without ventilation.
A store clerk, Joseph Kosits, said Hollenbeck had been inside the store, shopping casually, for 10 to 15 minutes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
- State police: Vermont man drove 111 mph on I-89 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw