Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua police say man pulled from Merrimack River was a Hudson resident
It was not immediately known on Wednesday whether the white male found floating in the water by a fisherman had drowned or died from other causes. The state medical examiner was on the scene; an autopsy is expected to be conducted.
Several emergency vehicles were parked along the on-ramp to the bridge, and investigators were seen walking down an embankment that leads to a railroad path at the edge of the river.
If the man's death was a drowning, it will mark the sixth drowning in New Hampshire waterways since the July 4th weekend, including the drowning of a 3-year-old girl.
"The increase in temperatures has drawn people to the water to cool off, and a number of unsuspecting people have run into trouble in these waters, some with tragic results," says a release issued by Capt. Bruce Hansen. "In recent weeks, people of all ages have fallen victim to drowning throughout the state."
"Residents are encouraged to swim in city pools or other bodies of water that are monitored by lifeguards, and to watch small children carefully," the statement says.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 5
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072