Afternoon storm hits Deerfield hard, leaves town without electricity
"It just came all of a sudden," he said of the storm cell that brought heavy rain, winds and golf-ball-sized hail to Deerfield about 4 p.m. Thursday. "It just crippled the town for a while."
"It took down several trees and wires in areas scattered throughout the town," the chief said. "There's a lot of debris to be cleaned up."
The National Weather Service issued an advisory on Thursday afternoon warning of the possibility of heavy rains and strong wind gusts through Thursday night.
Forecasts include highs of 101 degrees for Nashua, 100 degrees for Derry and Rochester, 99 degrees for Concord, Portsmouth, Manchester and Deerfield, 98 degrees for Conway, 96 degrees for Laconia, 95 degrees in Keene and 87 degrees in Pittsburg.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison - 2
- Summit of Mount Washington white with rime ice, snow to follow soon - 0
- Storms in Meredith cause outages - 0
- USGS reports minor earthquake just outside of Concord - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hollis storm damage caused by microburst, not tornado - 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 2
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 19
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- 2 Manchester health service groups announce merger - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer