And the heat goes on ... and on
In Milford, the Wadleigh Memorial Library has been designated a cooling center by the town, according to Jodie Gaffney of the Milford Fire Department.
Nicole Banks, director of Milford's recreation department, said the town pool is very popular this year.
Though none of the recreation programs in Milford have been changed due to the weather, Banks said staffers are "making sure our program participants attend class with water and that they drink lots of water and apply sunblock."
"We told them it's OK to shut down if they need to, but they've been sticking it out," Letarte said.
"Luckily we have a wonderful facility that's air conditioned so we're cutting the amount of time the kids spend on the playground and then bringing them into the gym," Centor said. "We're also making sure that we have extra water on hand so kids stay hydrated."
The pool and the town beach are open until 8 p.m., and I think that's helping a lot," said Lennox.
"We've seen some dehydration, an increase in sunburns and an increase in asthma because of the humidity," said Dr. Polina Sayess at Immediate Care of Southern New Hampshire in Nashua. "But overall it's not been as bad as one would expect. I think the public does a pretty good job of taking preventative care."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
- Perfect weather predicted for weekend events - 0
- NH braces for a soaker, flash floods as Arthur moves up coast - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots trade backup QB - 0
- NH police on lookout for drunken drivers - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Bob Smith gets A+ from NH Firearms Coalition - 4
- Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes - 0
- Hiker rescued on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
Amnesty? Garcia is against it
George Will: Paul Ryan's way forward