Monarchs/Kings hire Rob Blake as Manchester GM
Blake, who played 14 of his 20 NHL seasons with the Kings, is the franchise’s all-time leader in games played, goals, assists and points by a defenseman. He spent the past three seasons working in the NHL’s Player Safety department.
Blake, an Ontario native, played for the Kings from 1990-01 and 2006-08, the San Jose Sharks from 2008-10 and the Colorado Avalanche from 2001-06, winning a Stanley Cup in with the Avalanche in 2001. He recorded 777 career points (240 goals, 537 assists) in 1,270 regular-season games. In 146 playoff games, he registered 73 points (26 goals, 47 assists).
His career totals include 388 points (181-207) and 452 penalty minutes in 641 regular-season games. Among the franchise’s all-time leaders, he ranks eighth in games played, 10th in goals, 17th in assists, 12th in points, seventh in power-play goals (69) and tied for seventh in game-winning goals (25).
Among the franchise all-time playoff leaders, he is tied for seventh in games played, tied for eighth in goals, ranks 13th in assists, tied for 11th in points, tied for fourth in plus-minus, tied for seventh in power-play goals (5), tied for first in shorthanded goals (2) and tied for fifth in game-winning goals (3).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- AG: Failed suicide attempt led to expectant couple's deaths - 5
- Glitches tied to Medicaid rollout now resolved, officials say - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney files lawsuit to access office, but doors remain locked - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Former Ambassador Bolton criticizes Kuster's 'lack of knowledge' on Libya - 3
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Driver was trying to kill himself