Sweets in the sweltering heat
A cupcake lover's paradise in Jaffrey
If you bake they will come . that was the original idea behind the Jaffrey Civic Center's Night of 1,000 Cupcakes, said executive director Dion Owens.
That first year there were about a thousand cupcakes and about 1,000 people, Owens said.
Last year, the weather cooperated and cupcake donations were high. There were about 2,500 people and more than 5,000 and cupcakes, Owens said.
"It's a measure to ensure they don't run out of cupcakes until everyone is served," Owens said, "and it makes the event less chaotic."
"We look forward to it every year," said Elizabeth Royce of Troy, who brought her teenage daughters.
It's fun and it's free cupcakes, but you also catch up with old friends," she said. "I always see eight million people I don't see all year. You spend a lot of time visiting."
He was 10-days-old the first time his mother, brought him, she said. "It's pretty exciting. It's in his blood now."
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.