Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Men allegedly impersonated police during Rochester armed robbery
Jonathan A. Bolz, 33, of 131 Milton Rd Apt. #A in East Rochester, was charged with conspiracy to commit armed robbery and Daniel Springer, 22, of 206 School St. in Sanford, Maine, has been charged in Maine with being a fugitive from justice.
State and local police have been searching for the two men since an older man who requires a wheelchair reported that his home at 312 Portland St. had been "ransacked" during an armed robbery June 27 around 9:53 p.m.
The victim, who could not look outside before unlocking his door, told investigators that he let the two in after they claimed to be members of the Rochester Police Department.
The men were not dressed in uniforms or wearing police equipment, but one had a small handgun. They demanded prescription drugs from the man before ransacking his home, but did not use force or injure the man, according to police.
After locating an undisclosed quantity of drugs, the two men left on foot, according to police.
Based on descriptions provided by the homeowner, police began searching for the pair. Members of the N.H. State Police K9 team responded, but officers were unable to locate the men until last week.
Bolz, who was arrested at his home Thursday, is being held in Strafford County jail in Dover on $25,000 cash bail.
The following day, Sanford, Maine police apprehended Springer, who is being held in York County jail in Alfred on no bail pending an extradition hearing. Once he returns to New Hampshire, Springer will be charged in connection with the armed robbery, say local police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 3
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 8
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424