Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Men allegedly impersonated police during Rochester armed robbery
Daniel Springer (Courtesy photo)
Jonathan A. Bolz, 33, of 131 Milton Rd Apt. #A in East Rochester, was charged with conspiracy to commit armed robbery and Daniel Springer, 22, of 206 School St. in Sanford, Maine, has been charged in Maine with being a fugitive from justice.
State and local police have been searching for the two men since an older man who requires a wheelchair reported that his home at 312 Portland St. had been "ransacked" during an armed robbery June 27 around 9:53 p.m.
The victim, who could not look outside before unlocking his door, told investigators that he let the two in after they claimed to be members of the Rochester Police Department.
The men were not dressed in uniforms or wearing police equipment, but one had a small handgun. They demanded prescription drugs from the man before ransacking his home, but did not use force or injure the man, according to police.
After locating an undisclosed quantity of drugs, the two men left on foot, according to police.
Based on descriptions provided by the homeowner, police began searching for the pair. Members of the N.H. State Police K9 team responded, but officers were unable to locate the men until last week.
Bolz, who was arrested at his home Thursday, is being held in Strafford County jail in Dover on $25,000 cash bail.
The following day, Sanford, Maine police apprehended Springer, who is being held in York County jail in Alfred on no bail pending an extradition hearing. Once he returns to New Hampshire, Springer will be charged in connection with the armed robbery, say local police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police seek two men in Concord home invasion - 0
- No arrests in Manchester SWAT incident - 0
- Man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation found dead - 0
- Free Keene founder gets community service sentence for fraud conviction - 1
- UPDATED: Police locate man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation - 0
- Suspect in Hampstead home invasion seeks to have statements tossed - 0
- Lee police looking for vehicle involved in break-in - 0
- Hinsdale man arrested on prostitution charge - 0
- Gravestone vandalized in Exeter’s Winter Street Cemetery - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- James Pindell's The Back Story: Does the grassroots approach still work? - 2
- Shaheen: 'Don't Import Candiate That Outsources Jobs' - 9
- Abandoned Property: Romney, Brownies and even J.D. Salinger are on the list, are you? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 0
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Monitoring social media - 1
- Apple opens in Manchester - 0
- NHIAA football: Bedford hangs on, outlasts Concord - 0
Monitoring social media
More violence at Keene
Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival
Boz Scaggs explores a bit of 'Memphis'
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy