Hannigan 14s win Babe Ruth state title
Joey Silva of Manchester, slides into second base safely as Nat Jenkins of Portsmouth attempts a tag duing the first inning of their Babe Ruth League baseball matchup on Saturday afternoon in Barrington. (Bruce Preston/Union Leader)
Manchester scored nine times in the first inning and claimed the tournament title with a 15-4 victory at Barrington's Landry Field.
Had Portsmouth won, a second game would have been necessary to determine the tournament champion.
Joey Silva, Garrret Olivar, John Robinson, Nate Hall and Drew Merrick each had two hits for Manchester, which had 10 hits in the game. Merrick scored three times, and Hall drove in two.
Manchester went 4-0 in the tournament and allowed six runs in those four games. Manchester beat Portsmouth twice and also collected victories over Barrington and Plymouth.
Right fielder Kyle Maurice hit a solo home run and scored twice for Portsmouth, which finished the tournament with a 4-2 record. Shortstop Nathan Rand and pitcher David Ecker scored Portsmouth's other runs.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dodgers shut out Cardinals in NLCS Game 3 - 0
- Manchester Memorial grad Chris Lambert enters Boston College Hall of Fame - 1
- Finally, Tampa Bay's Sam Fuld gets to meet new son - 0
- Rays blank Indians in wild card game, headed to Boston for ALDS - 0
- Conway’s Locke left off Pirates’ playoff roster - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Playoff roster is Farrell's job - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event