Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Loewen's 3 hits pace Fisher Cats's win over Thunder
After Sean Nolin (W, 7-2) allowed four Thunder runs in the fourth to trail 4-3, New Hampshire reclaimed the lead two innings later with four of their own.
Kevin Nolan led off with a single and got to third base after a hit by pitch and force out at second, which put runners at the corners. With two away, Tommy Manzella grounded one into right to tie the game. Adam Loewen (3-for-4, double, 2 runs, 2 RBIs, walk, stolen base) hit the first pitch he saw into center to plate Brian Van Kirk, then Andy Burns took the first pitch of his at bat down the line in left for a two run double as the final runs of the game.
Tyson Brummett played a key role out of the bullpen as he took over for Nolin and tossed 3 scoreless innings, allowing just one hit and recording four strikeouts to keep the lead. Alan Farina picked up his fifth save, working around a leadoff walk and error to open the 9th before retiring the next three batters.
The series concludes on Sunday afternoon at 1:05. RHP Marcus Walden (6-9, 3.19) will start for the Fisher Cats opposite Thunder LHP Fred Lewis (0-4, 2.43).
The Fisher Cats return home on Monday night for the start a seven-game homestand against Harrisburg and Altoona.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false