Home » Sports » Sports Columns
John Habib's City Sports: Lemire eyes Trinity job; L.L. fun starts today
"I definitely want the job," said Lemire, who coached the Pioneers for three seasons before relinquishing his post to Eddie Poisson in 1988. The post opened up again when Poisson recently resigned after 27 seasons with the Pioneers.
"The team captains join us at midfield and Chet introduces us to them," said Bilodeau. "He introduced me as 'Mister Eyes-Are- Gone' and another official as 'Mister Weak Back,' I couldn't stop laughing watching the kids' reaction. But that was Chet, always having fun."
"One year when he was getting evaluated for officiating football, he got marked down for having a beard," said Bilodeau of the bald-headed Swiesz. "Chet took his cap off, pointed to his head and told the guy "buddy, I can't put any of it up here."
In the Intermediate Division, there will be a new champion crowned since last year's winner, C.J. Konkowski of Bretwood in Keene, now at the University of New Hampshire is not eligible for the 16-18-year-old division.
In the juniors (ages 13-15), last year's champion, Joshua Lacasse of Bow, had moved on to the intermediate level. Last year's runner-up, Brandon Gillis of Nashua, will return in hopes of capturing the junior tournament in a field of 47. Medalist winner in 2012, Doug Champagne of Bow, returns along with semifinalist Macky Seppala of New Ipswich, Dylan Lortie of Hudson and Roman Ojala of New Ipswich to challenge Gillis.
This year, the Manchester Babe Ruth League is hosting the 13-year-old New England Baseball Regionals, beginning Saturday, July 27, at Gill Stadium.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dodgers shut out Cardinals in NLCS Game 3 - 0
- Manchester Memorial grad Chris Lambert enters Boston College Hall of Fame - 1
- Finally, Tampa Bay's Sam Fuld gets to meet new son - 0
- Rays blank Indians in wild card game, headed to Boston for ALDS - 0
- Conway’s Locke left off Pirates’ playoff roster - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Playoff roster is Farrell's job - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released