Home » Opinion » Editorials
Heat plus stupidity: Keep an eye on the kids
The heat waves of the last few weeks have brought forth too many stories of supposed adults leaving little children unattended inside parked vehicles. The temperatures in those cars can rise quickly to over 100 degrees, especially with the windows either shut or only opened an inch or two, as has been the case in a couple of our reports.
It didn't come to that. But if people have that concern, they should make the call and then remove themselves to a safe distance.
The good news is that people have stepped up in the recent New Hampshire cases. They have alerted authorities.
Further good news has come from the actions of other New Hampshire citizens such as Matt Pulomena. The Hudson landscaper heard a cry for help one day last week and used his knowledge and his compassion to save a 3-year-old who had fallen into a Windham swimming pool.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Politics of choice: A word stripped of its meaning - 10
- Cataldo for Senate: A keeper for District 6 - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 20
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 49
- No news is bad news: Hassan goes to CDC school - 9
- No right to know: Our silent superintendent - 1
- Boutin for Senate: Constituent service for District 16 - 5
- Sanborn for Senate: The obvious choice in District 9 - 2
- Secret arrests: Names contradict ICE narrative - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 3
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 9
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 2
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 1
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Health costs up for Manchester
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?