Home » Opinion » Editorials
Heat plus stupidity: Keep an eye on the kids
The heat waves of the last few weeks have brought forth too many stories of supposed adults leaving little children unattended inside parked vehicles. The temperatures in those cars can rise quickly to over 100 degrees, especially with the windows either shut or only opened an inch or two, as has been the case in a couple of our reports.
It didn't come to that. But if people have that concern, they should make the call and then remove themselves to a safe distance.
The good news is that people have stepped up in the recent New Hampshire cases. They have alerted authorities.
Further good news has come from the actions of other New Hampshire citizens such as Matt Pulomena. The Hudson landscaper heard a cry for help one day last week and used his knowledge and his compassion to save a 3-year-old who had fallen into a Windham swimming pool.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 20
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 9
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?