Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: We thank you all during this transition
If you are a reader of the Union Leader or Sunday News, thank you for your patience, understanding, and kind words for our newspaper carriers over the past few weeks.
If you are one of those carriers, thank you, too.
Change isn't always easy, and this major change in how our papers are produced has come with its share of late papers, creased papers and even blurry papers. And, yes, some store inserts have skipped some readers.
I can't begin to list the ways in which our truckers and carriers have hustled to get the paper to subscribers and stores at a reasonable time each morning despite some hellacious late-night press runs.
We made this move out of necessity, not whim. To be commercially viable, our own press would have required a cash investment that was not acceptable. The move was to help ensure our future.
Write to Joe McQuaid at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter at @deucecrew.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 12
- Deroy Murdock: A 'reset' with Russia that would get Putin's attention - 0
- Helen DePrima: How Obamacare worsened my health insurance - 18
- Jonah Goldberg: On Russia, Obama is stuck in the past - 3
- Ray Wieczorek: Joe Kenney is the man for the job - 1
- Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin? - 2
- Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness - 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus