Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: We thank you all during this transition
If you are a reader of the Union Leader or Sunday News, thank you for your patience, understanding, and kind words for our newspaper carriers over the past few weeks.
If you are one of those carriers, thank you, too.
Change isn't always easy, and this major change in how our papers are produced has come with its share of late papers, creased papers and even blurry papers. And, yes, some store inserts have skipped some readers.
I can't begin to list the ways in which our truckers and carriers have hustled to get the paper to subscribers and stores at a reasonable time each morning despite some hellacious late-night press runs.
We made this move out of necessity, not whim. To be commercially viable, our own press would have required a cash investment that was not acceptable. The move was to help ensure our future.
Write to Joe McQuaid at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter at @deucecrew.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 4
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: The left's arrogant groupthink - 0
- Rep. Adam Schroadter: Penalties for marijuana use in NH should fit the crime - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mercury Systems brings 90 jobs to Hudson - 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 0
- Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan - 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 22
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 3
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition