Home » News » Public Safety
Antique car destroyed in Claremont garage fire
The “1963 Studebaker Avanti is most likely a total loss,” Fire Chief Rick Bergeron said in a press release.
The property and car owner, Philip Mudge, had first attempted to douse the blaze with a garden hose.
Smoke was first noticed coming from the garage around 3:30 p.m.
“His efforts did, however, buy some time for the building, which allowed the fire department to reach his rural location,” Bergeron said.
Firefighters had the blaze under control just after 4 p.m., but stayed on scene another 90 minutes to vent the building and check for hot spots.
Though one bay of the garage suffered severe fire damage, Bergeron praised “the excellent actions of the first responding firefighters” with saving the garage and nearby barn.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 1
- Conway is heartened by word of her letter - 0
- Missing Conway teenager remains in 'grave' danger - 8
- Officials will share new information about missing Conway teen - 1
- Fire scene closes Goffstown's Paige Hill Road - 0
- Newton boy badly hurt when struck by SUV while walking - 0
- Body found floating in Sagamore Creek identified - 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 1
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 9
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072