It’s a boy for the royal family, and NH Anglophiles are celebrating
Crowds gathered outside Buckingham Palace Monday to see the official announcement of the birth of the son of Prince William and the Dutchess of Cambridge. (REUTERS/Neil Hall)
“Kate and Will have become the heirs to that glamour and affection, and we are all watching and wishing for them to live happier lives than our beloved Diana did,” she said.
“We watched the wedding because my daughters wanted to see all the fanfare,” she said.
“I feel bad. It’s not going to be a normal childhood,” she said.
Not everyone spent the day following all the breaking baby news out of Britain.
“I didn’t even know there was a birth,” he joked.
Dorothy Rainey of Rye saw some of the coverage on the morning news, but she didn’t stay home by the TV to keep up on the latest developments.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it