Pinkerton Academy in Derry hires firm for headmaster search
The trustees first advertised for the position in the spring, after Anderson said she would be retiring at the end of the 2014 school year after nearly four decades at the academy.
“Chuck has conducted over forty searches for Carney, Sandoe and has thirty-eight years’ experience with five schools from the National Association of Independent Schools,” said Burnham. “Art has guided leadership searches in over three dozen schools in the United States and abroad; he worked in New England and at international schools for more than thirty years.”
Pinkerton Academy faculty member John Breda held meetings with fellow faculty members as part of that process.
“The first female headmaster in the academy’s history, Mary revamped administrative structure, increased communications, and added new courses and programs including the Freshman Academy program,” said Burnham. “Also, Mary oversaw construction of the Academy Building, Ek Science Building, Spaulding Arts and Humanities Center and two new career and technical education buildings as well as continuing renovations to the Low Building.”
READER COMMENTS: 39
- VA wait times: They are still bad - 6
- NH votes matter: A House close to the people - 2
- Power shortage: Our environmentalism tax - 18
- Turkeys for all: Thanks and giving in Manchester - 0
- Politics & pipes: Keystone's friends and enemies - 32
- A silenced voice who spoke for those who could not - 2
- Big Green grime: Dartmouth needs a cleaning - 4
- Retaliation? Right-to-know revisions could help - 1
- Classroom inputs: A Nashua literacy experiment - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 2
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH