At Fort Drum training in N.Y., these Granite Staters serve with pride
The 3rd Battalion of the 197th Fires Brigade takes part in an annual two-week training exercise at Fort Drum, N.Y., Monday. (JOE MCQUAID/New Hampshire Union Leader)
When he’s not patrolling the Spaulding Turnpike as a New Hampshire State Trooper, Chris Storm is refueling fighter jets for the 157th Air National Guard from Pease. He did so Monday on a return flight from Fort Drum, N.Y. (JOE MCQUAID/New Hampshire Union Leader)
"The Red Sox took care of the Yankees last night," she quipped.
"No problem," said state Sen. Sharon Carson of Londonderry. "We work at the State House."
Part of Maj. Gen. Reddel's mission as adjutant general of the New Hampshire National Guard is to stress how efficiently the Guard works with the regular military and with civilians. The visitors included the New Hampshire Employer Support for Guard and Reserve (ESGR). Those employers include the state of New Hampshire and many cities and towns.
The tiny Town of Tamworth also has an employee on Guard duty. Fire Chief Rich Colcord, the only full-timer on the Tamworth squad, is a medic with the 3rd Battalion. He caught up on hometown news with fellow firefighter Jim Bowles, who came along with the Hassan group.
Aides to the four-member congressional delegation also went on the trip, including Josh Denton, who is Rep. Carol Shea-Porter's veterans liaison. Denton knows something about the HIMARS. He is a U.S. Army veteran who once oversaw such a battery.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- The Manchester Opera House — A golden age of theater - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 1
- The Harrington-Smith Block — an architectural masterpiece - 0
- The biggest funeral Manchester had ever seen - 0
- The story begins for the Harrington Family of Manchester - 0
- Looking Back with Aurore Eaton: Manchester's Elliot Hospital grows, evolves - 0
- Looking Back with Aurore Eaton: An early challenge for the Elliot Hospital - 2
- Looking Back with Aurore Eaton: The Elliot Hospital's grand opening - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua South edges Manchester Memorial in girls soccer action - 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 9
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 10
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 5
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 2
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test