At Fort Drum training in N.Y., these Granite Staters serve with pride
The 3rd Battalion of the 197th Fires Brigade takes part in an annual two-week training exercise at Fort Drum, N.Y., Monday. (JOE MCQUAID/New Hampshire Union Leader)
When he’s not patrolling the Spaulding Turnpike as a New Hampshire State Trooper, Chris Storm is refueling fighter jets for the 157th Air National Guard from Pease. He did so Monday on a return flight from Fort Drum, N.Y. (JOE MCQUAID/New Hampshire Union Leader)
"The Red Sox took care of the Yankees last night," she quipped.
"No problem," said state Sen. Sharon Carson of Londonderry. "We work at the State House."
Part of Maj. Gen. Reddel's mission as adjutant general of the New Hampshire National Guard is to stress how efficiently the Guard works with the regular military and with civilians. The visitors included the New Hampshire Employer Support for Guard and Reserve (ESGR). Those employers include the state of New Hampshire and many cities and towns.
The tiny Town of Tamworth also has an employee on Guard duty. Fire Chief Rich Colcord, the only full-timer on the Tamworth squad, is a medic with the 3rd Battalion. He caught up on hometown news with fellow firefighter Jim Bowles, who came along with the Hassan group.
Aides to the four-member congressional delegation also went on the trip, including Josh Denton, who is Rep. Carol Shea-Porter's veterans liaison. Denton knows something about the HIMARS. He is a U.S. Army veteran who once oversaw such a battery.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals are culture war aggressors - 0
- Bruce Berke: A minimum wage hike would hurt NH's young people - 37
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Does the future belong to Asia? - 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Has your impression of President Obama's leadership changed as a result of his handling of the Syrian crisis?
- More Positive
- More Negative
- Total Votes: 1661