Power outage in Exeter being investigated by Unitil
EXETER — More than half of the town was without power Tuesday afternoon.
Unitil spokesman Alec O'Meara said the outage was reported around 2:20 p.m.
Some 4,272 of Unitil's 7,911 customers remained in the dark as of 3 p.m.
Another 63 customers were without power in nearby Kensington.O'Meara said crews were looking into the problem to determine the cause. It's unclear whether the outage may be related to stormy weather that moved through the area Tuesday afternoon.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
- Perfect weather predicted for weekend events - 0
- NH braces for a soaker, flash floods as Arthur moves up coast - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 die in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- Red Sox shut out Rays 3-0 - 0
- Patriots trade backup QB - 0
- NH police on lookout for drunken drivers - 2
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Bob Smith gets A+ from NH Firearms Coalition - 4
- Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes - 0
- Hiker rescued on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
Amnesty? Garcia is against it
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
George Will: Paul Ryan's way forward