Nonprofit group, Ioka owner at odds over Exeter theater’s future
“While we appreciate his reduction of the asking price to $400,000, our position remains true to the understanding we and the Exeter community had when we went into this partnership with the Lewis family — the IOKA Theater would be provided to the Exeter Theater Company at no cost,” Tony Callendrello, chairman of the theater company’s board of directors, said in a statement posted on the group’s website.
The theater company originally said it was looking to lease the theater from Lewis for $1 a year for 99 years.
The group insists that the building is worth far less because of its condition and the amount that it would cost to restore the theater.
The group said it would put $100,000 in a maintenance reserve account to be used solely for the stabilization and repair of the theater and for the funding of ongoing expenses.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Another View -- David M. Shribman: Today, give thanks to Daniel Webster - 1
- George Will: Thanks for the entertainment, America - 0
- John Stossel: Be thankful for American property rights - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Thomas Sowell: The 'experts' look down on you - 2
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 13
- David Harsanyi: The two-state solution is dead - 2
- Pat Buchanan: A rogue President remakes America - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins - 0
- Dowd's goal wins for Manchester - 0
- John Habib's City Sports:'Moment' is here: Derryfield CC renovation begins - 0
- Driver charged with DWI after mayhem on I-293 - 0
- Department of Employment Security sends confidential ID info to wrong firms - 0
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 0
- Man, 86, struck by car while crossing street in Manchester - 0
- Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding - 0
- Hot deals, warm shoppers - 0
Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding
Day Three in the dark for many in NH
Derry holiday parade to be held today
Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins