Nonprofit group, Ioka owner at odds over Exeter theater’s future
“While we appreciate his reduction of the asking price to $400,000, our position remains true to the understanding we and the Exeter community had when we went into this partnership with the Lewis family — the IOKA Theater would be provided to the Exeter Theater Company at no cost,” Tony Callendrello, chairman of the theater company’s board of directors, said in a statement posted on the group’s website.
The theater company originally said it was looking to lease the theater from Lewis for $1 a year for 99 years.
The group insists that the building is worth far less because of its condition and the amount that it would cost to restore the theater.
The group said it would put $100,000 in a maintenance reserve account to be used solely for the stabilization and repair of the theater and for the funding of ongoing expenses.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Needing answers in Weare: The first step to accountability - 0
- Where terrorists win: The world's one 'kill Americans' zone - 5
- Expanding NH economy: Of energy costs, trains and clowns - 3
- Obama acts illegally: Shaheen parrots his talking points - 62
- Regulations must adapt: Cities cannot squash the new economy - 3
- Offend someone? To jail with you! - 22
- King Obama: Creating a constitutional crisis - 42
- VA wait times: They are still bad - 6
- NH votes matter: A House close to the people - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Franklin man and woman facing charge of attempted prostitution of a minor - 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 3
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 4
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection