Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Trusted inmate in East Kingston had history of thievery
Court documents show Jarred Brisbois, 20, was convicted of stealing a television from a Kingston residence where he was living on Feb. 25, 2010.
Brisbois was sentenced to a year in jail and ordered to enter drug and alcohol treatment and counseling.
But after just one day, Reams said Brisbois left the treatment program and was later sent back to jail for violating probation.
According to authorities, Brisbois was left alone for several hours on May 11 when he broke into the evidence room and officer’s locker while he was supposed to be washing cruisers. He was among the non-violent inmates given special privileges by being allowed to participate in an inmate trusty program run by the Rockingham County jail.
Brisbois had earned the trust of jail officials and police, but while the officer was away, authorities say he broke into the evidence room where he ingested heroin and smoked marijuana before being returned to the jail under the influence.
Brisbois also accessed keys to a police cruiser and drove it, but it’s not clear how long he was behind the wheel or where he went.
He has not yet been charged in connection with the East Kingston break-in as county officials continue to investigate.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424