Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Mass. convict charged in 1991 Plymouth State killing
Hage said he still sees Reed's father in town; her brother, Theron Reed, works at the college as a carpenter.
Homicide prosecutors said the New Hampshire State Police Cold Case Unit reopened the case in 2012.
"After the case was reopened in 2012, we obtained enough evidence to allow the charges to be brought," said Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin, who said he could not be more specific.
According to New England Cable News, Conkey appeared in a Massachusetts courtroom in July 2012 and pleaded guilty to the 1992 stabbing death of a Lexington, Mass., woman.
Prosecutors said Conkey changed his plea to guilty because he believed the Mayan apocalypse was coming at year's end, the television station said.
Hage said he hopes the arrest will bring closure to the Reed family. As the years passed and new faculty and staff join Plymouth State, her death has faded, Hage said.
"We know her brother and see him on a daily basis," Hage said. "We know the family. We pass by the house where it occurred. It's part of our past. Those of us who went through it, this is a bit of hopeful relief."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man has excuse for missing court in Conway - he was in jail - 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 4
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 8
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483