Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Plymouth murder victim's family relieved about indictment in 1991 homicide
Reed, 30, an assistant registrar at the Plymouth State University, was found dead of multiple stab wounds on Sept. 6, 1991. Her murder case had gone unsolved, though the New Hampshire State Police Cold Case Unit reopened the case in 2012.
“I would like to wait until the investigation progresses further before saying anything,” he said.
Veralisa Reed of Rumney, the wife of one of Reed’s cousins, said the family is relieved.
“I loved her dearly, everyone here did,” Fischler said. “I couldn’t believe it when I heard she was gone, it shouldn’t have happened. We were all devastated. I’m glad to hear they’ve made some progress (in the case).”
He is serving a life sentence for the brutal 1992 murder of Mary Lou Sale of Lexington, Mass. Conkey, who was 28 at the time of Sale’s murder, has been in prison ever since he was arrested in 1994.
Last summer, Conkey also pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the killing of Kathleen Dempsey in Lexington, Mass. According to prosecutors, Conkey stabbed Dempsey 17 times.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot - 1
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 13
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mphREADER COMMENTS: 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 11
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917