Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Manchester man faces murder charges in wife's stabbing death
MANCHESTER — A grand jury indicted a city man on alternative murder charges for allegedly stabbing his wife of 10 years to death last spring.
John Hogarty, 53, is charged with one count each of first- and second-degree murder for stabbing Michelle Hogarty, 46, multiple times in the neck and slitting her throat inside her 316 Mammoth Road home between April 30 and May 1.
Hogarty is being held without bail pending arraignment in Hillsborough County Superior Court set for 9 a.m. Aug. 7.
The grand jury returned the indictments July 19. The court made them public Thursday.
Friends described Michelle Hogarty as a caring mother who stayed home to raise her 6-year-old son. They said she recently battled throat cancer and fibromyalgia. She previously worked as a part-time cashier at a local grocery store.
A first-degree murder conviction carries a maximum life prison sentence without possibility of parole. It requires convincing a jury that Hogarty acted purposely when he allegedly stabbed his wife to death.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Man facing robbery charges sentenced on probation violations - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 0
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
School's out for voters
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483