Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Manchester man faces murder charges in wife's stabbing death
MANCHESTER — A grand jury indicted a city man on alternative murder charges for allegedly stabbing his wife of 10 years to death last spring.
John Hogarty, 53, is charged with one count each of first- and second-degree murder for stabbing Michelle Hogarty, 46, multiple times in the neck and slitting her throat inside her 316 Mammoth Road home between April 30 and May 1.
Hogarty is being held without bail pending arraignment in Hillsborough County Superior Court set for 9 a.m. Aug. 7.
The grand jury returned the indictments July 19. The court made them public Thursday.
Friends described Michelle Hogarty as a caring mother who stayed home to raise her 6-year-old son. They said she recently battled throat cancer and fibromyalgia. She previously worked as a part-time cashier at a local grocery store.
A first-degree murder conviction carries a maximum life prison sentence without possibility of parole. It requires convincing a jury that Hogarty acted purposely when he allegedly stabbed his wife to death.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 1
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 1
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident wasn't wearing helmet - 0
- Too much FahrvergnŘgen: Nashua man charged with indecent exposure while driving - 1
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917