Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Plaistow lawyer faces charges related to Kingston boating crash death
Lawrence Buswell Jr., 52, is scheduled to be arraigned Aug. 1 in Rockingham Superior Court on single counts of vehicular assault and careless and negligent operation of boats for killing Eskeland and injuring five other passengers.
The two charges are expected to be followed by felony indictments for causing Eskeland’s death, according to a notice filed by prosecutors.
The boy told Kingston police that Buswell gave him two shots of Smirnoff Sour Apple Vodka and then took him out on his boat to go swimming. Buswell faces two counts of felonious sexual assault, three counts of misdemeanor sexual assault and a single count of prohibited sales in that case.
County prosecutors said that they filed misdemeanors separately in the boating case in May because the statute of limitations were about to expire.
But Buswell could face state prison time if a grand jury returns a negligent homicide charge against him. The sexual assault charges are also punishable by up to 3½ to 7 years in state prison. A judge ordered the long-time lawyer to have no contact with any person under 16 years of age, including the teenage boy he allegedly assaulted. Buswell also signed a waiver of extradition.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?