Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Plaistow lawyer faces charges related to Kingston boating crash death
Lawrence Buswell Jr., 52, is scheduled to be arraigned Aug. 1 in Rockingham Superior Court on single counts of vehicular assault and careless and negligent operation of boats for killing Eskeland and injuring five other passengers.
The two charges are expected to be followed by felony indictments for causing Eskeland’s death, according to a notice filed by prosecutors.
The boy told Kingston police that Buswell gave him two shots of Smirnoff Sour Apple Vodka and then took him out on his boat to go swimming. Buswell faces two counts of felonious sexual assault, three counts of misdemeanor sexual assault and a single count of prohibited sales in that case.
County prosecutors said that they filed misdemeanors separately in the boating case in May because the statute of limitations were about to expire.
But Buswell could face state prison time if a grand jury returns a negligent homicide charge against him. The sexual assault charges are also punishable by up to 3½ to 7 years in state prison. A judge ordered the long-time lawyer to have no contact with any person under 16 years of age, including the teenage boy he allegedly assaulted. Buswell also signed a waiver of extradition.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917