Manchester, Hooksett working to resolve school contract issues
“I would classify the sessions as being productive, I am hopeful that this will result in a better result for both parties than going to court. But it is still too early to tell, however, if the relationship between the two sides has been healed at all,” Korkosz said.
Both towns have allowed some parents to leave the Manchester district, but the Hooksett School Board has authorized a far greater number to leave. This has prompted the district to file an injunction against Hooksett, accusing it of violating the contract, which calls on the towns to send “all” their students to the district.
Korkosz said Hooksett’s breach of contract claim against Manchester is also on the table for discussion.
She said that more information would be given to the public during the next Hooksett School Board meeting on July 30.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- La. Gov. Jindal files federal lawsuit over Common Core - 0
- Central High parents reminded to use caution when dropping kids off - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 4
- Construction to begin on Hollis playground - 0
- New Derry school year launch honors everyday heroes - 0
- Stevens High School in Claremont to have start pushed back to Sept. 10 because of renovations - 0
- Plymouth State's $32 million health, track facility seen as student draw - 1
- Free school meals rejected as Manchester board bucks federal program - 51
- Proposed hike for Manchester's driver education course reversed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 4
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 1
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name