Manchester, Hooksett working to resolve school contract issues
“I would classify the sessions as being productive, I am hopeful that this will result in a better result for both parties than going to court. But it is still too early to tell, however, if the relationship between the two sides has been healed at all,” Korkosz said.
Both towns have allowed some parents to leave the Manchester district, but the Hooksett School Board has authorized a far greater number to leave. This has prompted the district to file an injunction against Hooksett, accusing it of violating the contract, which calls on the towns to send “all” their students to the district.
Korkosz said Hooksett’s breach of contract claim against Manchester is also on the table for discussion.
She said that more information would be given to the public during the next Hooksett School Board meeting on July 30.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Negroni family lays claim to namesake cocktail - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: West Side neighborhood loses trees and backyard privacy for the summer - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Southside Middle School, where nary a gripe will be heard - 5
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Take a walk through Manchester's history - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Building owner says it's not easy being a landlord - 2
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: 50 years later, a constant ringing - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: It's a show, it's a sport, and it's tough - 5
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A push for the return of hometown radio days - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A country for old men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 11
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax