Village Harmony Teen World Music Ensemble to perform in Peterborough
Led by Suzannah Park, Gideon Creovoshay, and Natalie Nowytski, the program features Balkan and Ukrainian village music, songs from Caucasus Georgia, Appalachian ballads and clogging, American shape-note and gospel songs, a sea shanty or two and a set of early music pieces from Italy and Spain.
Village Harmony is an umbrella organization based in Vermont dedicated to the study and performance of ethnic singing traditions from around the world.
Other dates in New Hampshire include: Tuesday, July 23, Unitarian Church, 274 Pleasant St., Concord.
Wednesday, July 24, Community Church, Tamworth.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: Regulatory overkill everywhere - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 34
- John Stossel: Earth Day is more like Earth Daze - 4
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 5
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- ‘Determined’ Bruins even series - 0
- Fire destroys historic Claremont convent - 0
- Minor injury in crash at Concord airport - 0
- Salem man faces DWI charge after Manchester crash - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'