Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Falcons, former BC star Ryan agree to $103.75 million extension
The new deal tacked onto his final year of his rookie deal in 2013 keeps him under contract through the 2018 season. Ryan is scheduled to earn $10 million this season, the final year of his six-year, $72 million deal signed as the third overall pick in the 2008 draft.
Ryan has started 77 games in his first five seasons with 18,957 yards, 127 touchdowns and 60 interceptions. He led the NFL with a 68.6 completion percentage in 2012, leading the Falcons to a 13-3 record with the sixth-ranked passing offense and No. 7 scoring offense in the NFL. Ryan set franchise records for attempts, completions, completion percentage, yards, and touchdowns last season.
Joe Flacco, Rodgers and Romo all signed deals that can be worth well above $110 million, following the market set in 2012 by Drew Brees. Brees’ contract contained guarantees of $60.5 million. Peyton Manning’s five-year, $97.5 million contract with the Denver Broncos signed in 2012 included $58 million guaranteed. Brees, Manning and Ryan are represented by agent Tom Condon.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Plea deal possible in Littleton murder
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use