Manchester Babe Ruth 14's feature pitching, defense at regionals
Manchester enters the regionals with a 6-0 record, having outscored its opposition, 57-10.
"This may be the best balanced team I've coached in a long time," said Hanagan, now in his 49th coaching season with 10 World Series appearances. "Pitching and defense has been outstanding."
Pitching depth on the team is rich with Jake Carrier, Nick Salcito and Ryan Wickey ready in the wings when called upon.
The four teams in the National Division are St. Johnsbury, Vt., Waterford, Conn., Warwick, R.I., and host Westfield.
On Saturday at 10 a.m., Manchester will face Norwood, Mass. In the third game, Central Maine and Manchester will play Sunday at 1 p.m.
The tournament wraps up with the championship final Tuesday at 3 p.m.. The regional winner will advance to the Babe Ruth World Series in Newark, Ohio, beginning Aug. 14.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 2
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained