Manchester Babe Ruth 14's feature pitching, defense at regionals
Manchester enters the regionals with a 6-0 record, having outscored its opposition, 57-10.
"This may be the best balanced team I've coached in a long time," said Hanagan, now in his 49th coaching season with 10 World Series appearances. "Pitching and defense has been outstanding."
Pitching depth on the team is rich with Jake Carrier, Nick Salcito and Ryan Wickey ready in the wings when called upon.
The four teams in the National Division are St. Johnsbury, Vt., Waterford, Conn., Warwick, R.I., and host Westfield.
On Saturday at 10 a.m., Manchester will face Norwood, Mass. In the third game, Central Maine and Manchester will play Sunday at 1 p.m.
The tournament wraps up with the championship final Tuesday at 3 p.m.. The regional winner will advance to the Babe Ruth World Series in Newark, Ohio, beginning Aug. 14.
READER COMMENTS: 33
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council