Manchester Babe Ruth 14's feature pitching, defense at regionals
Manchester enters the regionals with a 6-0 record, having outscored its opposition, 57-10.
"This may be the best balanced team I've coached in a long time," said Hanagan, now in his 49th coaching season with 10 World Series appearances. "Pitching and defense has been outstanding."
Pitching depth on the team is rich with Jake Carrier, Nick Salcito and Ryan Wickey ready in the wings when called upon.
The four teams in the National Division are St. Johnsbury, Vt., Waterford, Conn., Warwick, R.I., and host Westfield.
On Saturday at 10 a.m., Manchester will face Norwood, Mass. In the third game, Central Maine and Manchester will play Sunday at 1 p.m.
The tournament wraps up with the championship final Tuesday at 3 p.m.. The regional winner will advance to the Babe Ruth World Series in Newark, Ohio, beginning Aug. 14.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Colorful Tradition at UNH - 0
- Media Power Youth targets preventing youth violence - 0
- Better parent-child communication is Pembroke talk topic - 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 22
- Derry school district expects 2014-15 25-student enrollment increase - 0
- Derry teacher who brings science to life a national award finalist - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans