Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Ian Clark's On Baseball: Act 2 going well for Fishers' Loewen
Drafted as a lefty pitcher by Baltimore as the fourth overall pick in 2002, Loewen made his MLB debut with the Orioles in 2006. He was 8-8 over three years with Baltimore, appearing in 35 games. But a stress fracture in his elbow forced him to transition to a positional player.
"I try to make myself available if anybody has questions or if they aren't acting professionally. I feel like it's my job as one of the older guys to maybe say something behind the scenes. I don't like to call anybody out in front of the team. I feel like that's counter-productive," Loewen said. "My advice is always to simplify the game as much as you can. Otherwise it can become a mental grind."
"He's probably one of the main cogs getting us going offensively with the bat. Eventually, we'll get (Kenny) Wilson back and that will probably bump him down again, but he's been a key guy," Allenson said. "He's obviously not the prototype leadoff guy. He didn't need to do anything different. He can be aggressive on the first pitch of the game if he wants. He really struggled early, but he's come a long way. He's done a pretty good job. Hopefully, he's opened up some eyes."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dodgers shut out Cardinals in NLCS Game 3 - 0
- Manchester Memorial grad Chris Lambert enters Boston College Hall of Fame - 1
- Finally, Tampa Bay's Sam Fuld gets to meet new son - 0
- Rays blank Indians in wild card game, headed to Boston for ALDS - 0
- Conway’s Locke left off Pirates’ playoff roster - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Playoff roster is Farrell's job - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: A.J. Pierzynski OK with Red Sox - 0
- Nashua aldermanic committee votes to help soup kitchen - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Deerfield town official resigns - 0
- Manchester aldermen OK three new fire trucks for $1.3 Million - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 0
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed