Pope's message reaches NH diocese
"We cannot keep ourselves shut up in parishes, in our communities, when so many people are waiting for the Gospel," the Pontiff said.
"It's part of his responsibility, our responsibility, to extend the church to everyone in the state," McGee said. "Bishop Libasci certainly embraces the whole concept of the new evangelization, of getting out and making disciples of everyone in the church."
"It is not enough simply to open the door in welcome, but we must go out through that door and meet the people," he said.
"Certainly as Catholics, we are called always to go out and spread the good news of the gospel," McGee said. "In our society today, there's a number of people who may have been raised Catholic and participate in the Catholic church and are now not as regular, and certainly today it's our mission to reach out to them."
Latin America's largest nation has been rocked by protests against corruption, the misuse of public money and the high cost of living. Most of the protesters are young.
"Between selfish indifference and violent protest there is always another possible option: that of dialogue. Dialogue between generations, dialogue with the people, the capacity to give and receive, while remaining open to the truth," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Saint Raphael Church in Manchester to hold Advent concert on Dec. 3 - 0
- Annual collection helps Diocese of Manchester religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- New spokesman named for Diocese of Manchester - 0
- First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Derry celebrates 100 years - 0
- Ararat Armenian Congregational Church in Salem celebrates 100 years, welcomes pastor - 0
- Interfaith Thanksgiving Service is Monday - 1
- Annual collection helps religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- Keene church to hold Colonial Thanksgiving service Sunday - 0
- New Baptist church opening in Concord - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466