Home » News » Public Safety
Parents voice approval for change to child car-seat law
Hawkes said her husband is a firefighter, and the stories he's shared of children injured in automobile accidents motivates her to err on the side of caution.
"If it saves one child's life, I'm OK` with it," said Marsha Pomerleau, a mother and an emergency dispatcher who lives in Jaffrey.
Brian Pishon of Bedford echoed Pomerleau's comments.
"It's much more dangerous driving out there than it used to be," he said. "That superseded the desire of kids to be out of a car seat or sit in the front seat."
But Asena Roy of Lyndeborough, who hadn't heard about the new law, said she wasn't necessarily happy about it.
Roy said that the cost of child car seats should have been taken into consideration and added, "If they're going to change the regulations, they should focus on making sure there are more good jobs with good pay."
"It's a little tight in the cars," said Lobellaud, "but at the end of the day, it doesn't really make a difference as long as they're safe."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax