Home » News » Public Safety
Parents voice approval for change to child car-seat law
Hawkes said her husband is a firefighter, and the stories he's shared of children injured in automobile accidents motivates her to err on the side of caution.
"If it saves one child's life, I'm OK` with it," said Marsha Pomerleau, a mother and an emergency dispatcher who lives in Jaffrey.
Brian Pishon of Bedford echoed Pomerleau's comments.
"It's much more dangerous driving out there than it used to be," he said. "That superseded the desire of kids to be out of a car seat or sit in the front seat."
But Asena Roy of Lyndeborough, who hadn't heard about the new law, said she wasn't necessarily happy about it.
Roy said that the cost of child car seats should have been taken into consideration and added, "If they're going to change the regulations, they should focus on making sure there are more good jobs with good pay."
"It's a little tight in the cars," said Lobellaud, "but at the end of the day, it doesn't really make a difference as long as they're safe."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 2
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Every vote counts: Here is the proof