Gate City Musings: Sidewalk stonewalling getting old
Perhaps the Public Works commissioners and the aldermen should take the bull by the horns, get off their duffs and pass resolutions asking for a special public meeting with the mayor to demand answers. After all, it isn't the mayor's wallet that's paying for this project; it's the city's treasury funded no less by us taxpayers.
When was the last time a chamber executive has run for political office?
Will wonders never cease?
Glad to hear that Pressly and Ward 9 Alderman Dan Moriarty have already taken out election petition forms. Pressly is running for re-election and Moriarty hopes to move up from a ward position to an at-large seat. Let's hope that At-Large Alderman Deane follows suit.
Remember ... if you have a subject, complaint or praise about what our city officials are up to or you have a suggestion for "kudos," email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Musings would love to hear from you.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 0
- Deroy Murdock: A 'reset' with Russia that would get Putin's attention - 0
- Helen DePrima: How Obamacare worsened my health insurance - 14
- Jonah Goldberg: On Russia, Obama is stuck in the past - 3
- Ray Wieczorek: Joe Kenney is the man for the job - 1
- Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin? - 2
- Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness - 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth