Gate City Musings: Sidewalk stonewalling getting old
Perhaps the Public Works commissioners and the aldermen should take the bull by the horns, get off their duffs and pass resolutions asking for a special public meeting with the mayor to demand answers. After all, it isn't the mayor's wallet that's paying for this project; it's the city's treasury funded no less by us taxpayers.
When was the last time a chamber executive has run for political office?
Will wonders never cease?
Glad to hear that Pressly and Ward 9 Alderman Dan Moriarty have already taken out election petition forms. Pressly is running for re-election and Moriarty hopes to move up from a ward position to an at-large seat. Let's hope that At-Large Alderman Deane follows suit.
Remember ... if you have a subject, complaint or praise about what our city officials are up to or you have a suggestion for "kudos," email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Musings would love to hear from you.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Loeb School spring classes offer career-change chance - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 1
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
- From Russia, with love of numbers at Nashua school - 0
- Great Bay Community College 'boot camp' trains students in precision manufacturing - 0
- Cyber defense competition coming to University of New Hampshire - 0
- Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal